‘History is a damn good story.
What it needs, is a damn good telling.’
Mercat Tours offers 5 star walking tours and storytelling experiences of Edinburgh’s Old Town. Award-winning storytellers connect guests with the people and places of the past to build remarkable memories of Scotland’s ancient capital.
- Safe; ‘Good to Go’ accredited, Tourtalk devices as standard, limited group size
- Personal; family business since 1985
- Quality; 5 Star tour, University accredited team
- Variety; extensive portfolio of FIT and group product
- Reliable; guaranteed departures, daily, all year
- Exclusive; Blair Street Underground Vaults, Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyroodhouse, National Museum of Scotland
- Ethical; Living Wage Employer, profit share bonus scheme, Green Tourism Business GOLD award
- Ghost tours
- Whisky tour & tasting
- Storytelling evenings
- Foreign language guides
- Costumed characters
As a family business and Living Wage employer, you support an ethical ‘Good to Go’ employer embedded in our local community since 1985. We respect, support and collaborate with like-minded groups and businesses to ensure everyone’s experience of Edinburgh is the very best it can be.